Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

All new...

Everything has changed. And I'm very happy about that. I moved out of the shared flat two weeks ago. After searching for a flat for ages and looking at millions of them in the end it went really quickly. I looked at a flat in the middle of January and i liked it although it's not where I hoped to find something but a little further away from work. Anyway, I decided to take it if I get it because it is just the right size, it's a nice neighborhood and it's all for a reasonable price. So I called the owner and as I was the first to call I got it. So I got two weeks to organize everything, moving out of the first flat, moving into the new one, keeping all my money together as I knew it would be pretty expensive during the first time. So here I am, totally broke but happy.
Let me describe the flat a little bit: I have a small kitchen, there's everything in it and it's the right size for one person, I have a big living room, a bedroom, a little hall and a bathroom with a bathtub. And a small balcony. There's parking just in front of the house which is included in the rent so I never have to look for a parking space anymore. Perfect! And there's a lift so I don't have to carry the shopping up the stairs anymore. 
My parents came the day I moved and we brought all my stuff here in just one go which was pretty good, we were very quick. I painted my bedroom purple and some of the kitchen blue. The living room is supposed to be green and white but at the moment all I have is a green couch. I have the white furniture but  I also planned to paint some green in here I just was too lazy during the last days so that's one thing I still have to do. It's still a bit empty because I need some more furniture but that will have to wait until my financial crisis is over ;-) I also like it this way anyway, with so much space...
Well, living alone is great. Not only coming home whenever I want to and don't have to worry to wake someone up, I also know that nobody will wake ME up. I'm coming home into a nice and tidy and clean flat and if there is something dirty or unwashed dishes I don't care, because it's just my own stuff...
My neighbors seem to be really nice, lots of students but there are also some families and some older people living here. It's pretty quiet, I don't know if they are really quiet or if the walls are just really thick. Anyways, I like it.
Work is pretty hard at the moment. I had my 7th day today and there is one more to go before I have two days off. There is so much to do, I sometimes don't know how to make it all but it works somehow and I think I'm doing a pretty good job (at least I don't hear anything different ^^). I just hope it's getting a bit better soon as I really have an aching back at the moment and am tired all the time. But I'm positive...
That's that. Tonight I'm going to a choir here in Cologne, they are pretty good and they are looking for new members. I hope I'll make it, I really miss singing a lot. And I definately need a hobby. So that's step one.

That's it for now, I'm going to relax for a while before I'm going to the choir,

Jenny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment