Danielle inspired me to share my summer reading list with you. For me, every season is reading season but there are different things that I like at different times of the year. In winter there's nothing better than lying on my couch with a hot beverage and a book or to go to bed early (as it's dark anyway) and read for hours. In summer I prefer getting up early and sit outside in the sun reading a book and gaining some energy from all the light. I also love to sit outside in the evenings and read until it finally gets dark and I can't see the pages anymore. Anyway, as you know, I love lists and I keep track of every book I read and want to read so here are the books that are on my list for this season:
(Original/English titles below)
- I know I'm late but I just finished reading part 1 of The Hunger Games and really enjoyed it. So, of course part 2
- and 3 are already on my nightstand.
- = The shadow of the wind = La sombra del viento
- = Fear the worst
- There's no English version I think
- Love in the Time of Cholera = El amor en los tiempos del cólera
- pretty well known, I guess, but I have never read it (deutscher Titel: Wer die Nachtigall stört)
- = I wish someone were waiting for me somewhere = Je voudrais que quelqu'un m'attende quelque part (I so wish I could read that one in the original version...)
- sorry, no English version
- = In July (There's a movie, too, but I've never seen it)
- back to Jane Austen this summer
- no English version but there are translations to Italian, Dutch and Spanish if that helps ;-)
Maybe there's something in my list that you would like to read to, go on, do it, now! And if you have other suggestions for me be sure to share them!